To an outside viewer who is watching the floor of most factories, it might seem like everything is in a state of chaos. People are walking in every direction, forklifts and other vehicles are driving in the same area, and then there are boxes and pallets full of all sorts of materials being transported all over the facility. While it might be difficult to decipher, most of these facilities are actually well organized with clear direction given to those who are actually on the floor.
When working in a well managed facility it quickly becomes apparent that there are all sorts of visual cues that tell people where they should be and which direction they should be traveling. These could be permanent signs or other notifications helping people avoid being in the wrong place at the wrong time. One of the most common ways facilities direct both foot and motorized traffic is by using factory floor marking tape.
Why Floor Marking Tape
Factory floor marking tape is used for a variety of reasons including the fact that it is inexpensive and that it gets the required job done well. High-quality floor marking tape is easy to see, even from a distance. It can be light-reflective to ensure people are able to see it in darker areas of the facility, which is critical for safety.
Many facilities will use different colored factory floor marking tape to convey different information. Green tape, for example, might indicate that the area is reserved only for walking traffic, and vehicles should stay out. Red might let people know that forklifts and other vehicles are often in the area so they need to be extra careful while traveling through the area.
Just like paint on the roads outside, there can be many different types of tape to make sure everyone is as safe as possible in a facility. While it might seem confusing to the outside viewer, this type of tape is actually a fast and affordable way to dramatically improve the safety of most any factory or other facility.
- Floor Marking for Forklift Traffic– creativesafetysupply.com
- Factory Floor Marking Tape– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- Factory Floor Safety Markings– blog.5stoday.com
- Types of Floor Marking Tape– floortape101.com
- Top 3 Reasons Why I Think Floor Tape Is Better Than Paint– floor-tape.com
- Keeping Up-To-Date With Floor Marking Tape– lean-news.com
- Exploring Different Types of Floor Marking– facilityfloormarking.com
- Effective Floor Marking in Warehouses– floor-marking-tape.com
- Aisle Marking Tape Improves Safety– realsafety.org