Anyone walking through a warehouse can quickly see how dangerous it can be. With different vehicles driving through to move inventory or get items ready to ship out combined with individuals who walk through different areas performing a wide range of tasks it is almost a wonder that more people are not injured. Add in the risk of lost or damaged products which can happen when things are dropped or misplaced and it is simple to see why it is so important to make sure everyone knows exactly where they should be and the safest ways to do their job.
One of the most effective ways to improve the safety of both the people working in the area and the equipment and products stored there is to use floor marking arrow tape. This type of tape goes on the floor to identify which direction vehicles or people should be traveling. The intent is to ensure nobody is going the wrong way which can cause accidents.
Vehicles which travel in a warehouse are often carrying large loads of products from place to place. This can easily obstruct the driver’s view causing them to run into other vehicles, people or products stored in the warehouse. When you have floor marking arrow tape for a warehouse placed properly the driver can easily see where they should be and avoid accidently traveling in the wrong direction. The tape also helps to ensure everyone who is walking through an area knows which direction a vehicle may be coming from.
Unlike most vehicles on the road, many of these indoor vehicles are electric which can make them quite quiet when driving through an area. Having an idea of where they will be coming from and going too is a great way to keep everyone in the area safer. The lines on the roads outside serve to keep traffic running smoothly and these floor marking arrows will effectively do the same thing in any warehouse.
Many warehouses will have areas which are designated for people to walk. They may have guard rails in place to ensure people don’t wander out into hazardous areas, but that is not enough. In warehouses people typically are found carrying heavy boxes or moving things on hand carts. If they are not careful they could easily run into other individuals which can cause significant injury or break different products. These are common risks is most warehouses and if you plan ahead and implement simple solutions like this they can largely be avoided completely.
Having the floor marking arrow tape in areas where people are walking can help ensure that people are safe and won’t accidently bump into each other. While it may seem like a small thing, it can add up to significant savings as well as a much safer workplace for everyone involved. Since the floor arrow tape is so affordable it really makes since to implement this type of simple improvement for virtually every warehouse environment.
- Warehouse Floor Marking Tapes for Safety
- Floor Marking Shapes Example
- Factory Floor Marking Tape
- Reflective Floor Marking Tape
- Factory Floor Safety Markings
- Aisle Marking Tape – Overview
- 5S Vinyl Floor Tape
- 5S Marking Tape
- Social Distancing Tools: Wall And Floor Signs– creativesafetysupply.com
- Floor Marking for Forklift Traffic– creativesafetysupply.com
- Warehouse Floor Marking Tape– blog.5stoday.com
- Factory Floor Marking Tape– blog.creativesafetysupply.com
- How To Mark Your Site With Floor Tape for Ultimate Safety– realsafety.org
- Types of Floor Marking Tape– floortape101.com
- Types of Floor Marking Tapes for Warehouses– babelplex.com
- Effective Floor Marking in Warehouses– floor-marking-tape.com
- Traffic Management in the Warehouse– safetyblognews.com